Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bring on the Rain

Some seasons are full of sunshine and happiness. Each day brings smiles as we soak in the blessings and live our dreams. Everything looks lush, green, and healthy. Life is good.

Those seasons are made possible only by the rain that brings nourishment, cleansing, and growth. Gray skies loom and sometimes envelop us. Then they let loose and the drops pour down. As water seeps down the window pains it often mirrors the tears that stream down our faces and our souls.

The rain comes whether we like it or not. But when it's all over it purifies and brings growth and healing.

"Bring On The Rain"
(By Jo Dee Messina)

Another day has almost come and gone
Can't imagine what else could wrong
Sometimes I'd like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war ('cause)

[Chorus:]
Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

It's almost like the hard times circle 'round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,
I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but I'm not dead


I'm not gonna let it get me down
I'm not gonna cry
And I'm not gonna lose any sleep tonight


Bring on, bring on, the rain

I'm not gonna let it get me down
I'm not gonna cry
And I'm not gonna lose any sleep tonight

Bring on, bring on, the rain


I bought new rain boots this week (see above). I am armed and ready. I will face the rain. I will jump in the puddles. I will dance my way through it. I will let it do it's job.

BRING ON THE RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!



1 comment:

Jia said...

This is a great song and a good message :) thanks for posting it!